Friday 6 February 2009

Day 6 - Weirdy Beardy

Morning all,

I would like to start by saying "Thank You" to a few people.

Cressy, Nittai, Anne McC and Laura S have made donations on my justgiving page....thank you very, very much...

http://www.justgiving.com/weirdybeardyman

There is also a form at Julian Housing reception...i have got friends, honest!

I also got a cheque for £10 in the post from my old (young) friend Amanda. I like the business card Amanda...so much nicer than the ones you used to make me put in phone boxes around Colchester.

I would also like to thank Trevor and Suzie from the Hethersett Fish & Chip van for a lovely piece of cod and accompanying chips last night. It's things like that keep me charged up for the challenge of growing a beard.

The beard (heavy stubble) is really, really itchy today. I go through phases of liking it and then strongly disliking it. I am appreciating the extra 15 minutes not shaving leaves me in bed but the waking hours are sometimes an itchy hell

By hey, it's for charity, and what's an itchy face compared to prostate cancer?

On that note I would also like to give another mention to Princess Loving...she was so pleased at her mention yesterday she gets another shout out today...for a moment I felt like Lenny Henry...charity, it's all about putting smiles on faces.

I think I am close to topping £200 in donations....keep them coming though.

more later.

David