Sunday 22 February 2009

Day 22 - Weirdy Beardy

Evening all,

Am writing this and watching skinny bears catch salmon on the telly...well, watching them making a really bad job of trying to catch salmon. It made me realise how lucky I was that there is pasta in my cupboard and a jar of pasta bake to mix in with it. Tonight it's tomato and herb flavour pasta bake...it has a metallic taste which is strange as it has come out of a glass jar. It tends to give me a headache as well but that's more tolerable than ordering a pizza tonight...I'm not in the mood for opening the front door.

I've had a good weekend, I hope you have too. I went back to the family home just outside Sudbury. Mum and dad Cobb treated the whole family to a meal as it was the multiple birthday weekend...see yesterdays entry.

We went to the Bulmer Fox, there's a photo that's now my profile pic on Facebook...my sister and brother-in-law aren't in the photo as they were sick...early stages of pneumonia the doc has advised today. Get well soon, Kate and Barry.

I had burger and chips. I like to eat this when I'm out, not only because I'm uncouth, but because you know what you're getting with burger and chips. I could have ordered some fancy pasta dish but then you worry whether it will be twirly pasta, or shell pasta or long stringy pasta and by the time you've thought of all the pasta problems, you're really hungry and everyones waiting for you to order. So I had burger and chips. Lovely!

You could tell it was a posh place because the burger didn't come with a bun and the chips were more than a centimetre thick....and there was no daddies sauce or ketchup....just some funny tasting salsa sauce already on my plate. Lovely though.

I also played Monopoly for the first time since I was a kid. Me and Toby (my nephew) played football and managed to avoid slipping on any of Jazz or Tilly's turds in the garden...Jazz and Tilly are my mum's dogs, not relatives of mine. I nearly won £1000 on the footy...i had a fiver on Ipswich to win 4-1 but they only won 3-1...one more goal and I would have been a grand better off. Nevermind.

Anyways, the bears are now catching the salmon and I'm about to go and catch my pasta bake...metallic taste and all.

Enjoy the last bit of your weekend.

David