Wednesday 4 February 2009

Day 4 - Weirdy Beardy

Evening beard fans,

My friend Sarah has asked me to give some details as to what happened during Tennisgate that I mentioned in yesterday's entry (see Day 3 - Weirdy Beardy).

Well, Madame Football Head, who I discussed yesterday, is under the impression that her little 'Steven' (I've changed his name) is the next Tim Henman and that the best way for him to show the world his talent is to knock his tennis balls up and down our cul-de-sac with his goofy friends.

However, little Stevie has about as much hand to eye coordination as Stevie Wonder after a night in the Kings Head - the little fella can hit a ball anyway but straight and nine times out of ten would manage to hit the bodywork of my Citroen Berlingo. The only things Stevie has in common with Boris Becker is his ginger mop and the ability to ruin an otherwise enjoyable Sunday afternoon.

Anyway, during a particularly bad day on 'Court Cul-de-Sac' our budding tennis starlet managed to destroy our front flowerbed and perfect his Berlingo swing. So, I decided to meet his maker and approached his spherically challenged mother about his behaviour.

Things all got a bit nasty as the other mums and dads came out in force. My girlfriend and I were questioned as to why we haven't got kids...in a tone that suggested we were this century's Fred and Rosemary West and in return we gave footy face a few tips on parenting.

As an Australian once sung....everybody needs good neighbours.

We've not spoken to our neighbours since and we like it that way. Stevie has not made it to Wimbledon yet...and will probably never hit a ball on Centre Court unless I park my Berlingo on it.

Happy Days.

Ahem!

The total of sponsorship is now close to £200 (get in!). The Ocean pie is back with Davy Jones and tonight I am treating myself to sweet and sour chicken with rice. Later I am off to see The Clints play live with some chums in Norwich as I take my beard out on a social.

oh and you can now sponsor me at....

http://www.justgiving.com/weirdybeardyman

see you tomorrow

David