Saturday 21 February 2009

Day 21 - Weirdy Beardy

Morning all,

When I was kid all the girls in my class wanted to be a fairy or princess when they grew up. And today, I still have female work colleagues who want to be a fairy or a princess when they grow up.

It's like a fairytale on Oak Street (or 'Nightmare on Oak Street'), I work with two princesses...Princess Loving of Blofield and Princes Vickie of Thetford (I can't believe Walt Disney overlooked Fetfud). I also work with a fairy, Fairy Flissabelle, and a Mermaid....Ms Morgan 'Born of the Sea'. Don't ask me about the Ugly Sisters...they might be reading this.

Anyway, where was this going? Well, it's my niece's ninth birthday this week and we are celebrating her birthday (and my dad's, and my sister's and my brother's girlfriends -they are all different people...it's not a Norfolk thing!) today with a meal out. And what have a I bought my niece?....a tiara? a magic wand? Nup....a hooded top and some bling....oh how times have changed.

I have bought my sister tickets to see Andy Parsons with her husband...it was his birthday recently too. My dad has a got a night at the Wentworth Hotel in Aldburgh...he says he's still deciding who to take....hopefully my mum. I have bought my brother's girlfriend a lottery ticket...but I have bought myself a ticket with exactly the same numbers...i can't imagine anything worse than buying someone else a winning ticket so I always make sure i have the same numbers. It's that worrying habit I have again...

I have ironed one of the two shirts I own and combed my beard....you have to make an effort on these occasions!

Ipswich are on Sky later...I am yet to mention this to the family...hopefully the party can take a detour to a sports bar later.

Have a good weekend y'all.

David