Tuesday 24 February 2009

Day 24 - Weirdy Beardy

Evening all,

It's lucky I'm not one of those paranoid people. Yesterday our receptionist at work said I looked like Gerry Adams and today my (ex) friend Ann said, when referring to my blog, that she couldn't understand why she "keeps reading this crap". Oh and then I find out someone has sponsored me a measly 13 pence on my form at work...their name doesn't get a mention for such a pathetic amount.

Louise gets a mention for sponsoring me £5 and Fliss has doubled her sponsorship by taking up my tea-making challenge, see Day 19(?)....I shall be making her tea all of this Friday.

Today is pancake day but I've been healthy and had a jacket potato with spinach salad followed by yoghurt for pudding. It's all over the news that the country is becoming obese and I was told I was obese only last August. I weighed 15st 3lbs and had a waist of 40.5 inches. Since then I've been to the gym every other day and have lost over a stone and a half. My waist is now 35 inches and I weigh 13st 8lb.

Yay me, but it hasn't always been a case of blobby Cobby, I used to be uber skinny (until my mid-twenties) and the heaviest thing about me was my glasses. If i had grown a beard then I would have looked like a used cotton bud.

It took years of Carlsberg, pizza, crisps and Waitrose cakes to make me the man I am today. I've gone from the appearence of a Romanian to a super-sized American in just over a decade, but things are on the turn again and I found out last week that I am that my BMI is spot on.

I'm off to the gym tonight and I'm the only one there with a beard. Geoff Capes is the only guy I ever knew to work out and have a beard....oh and that Fatima Whitbread.

Anyway, before Ann drops off, I'm off. Enjoy your pancakes.

Happy tossing.

David